Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Recent TV (for Journal-like Purposes)

I'm currently enjoying a flood of animated shows, most of them suggested to me by a friend. "Harvey Birdman", "Home Movies", and "Archer" have been filling up most of the time that should have been spent watching movies. One of the major problems engrained in television is the format, which is why movies are so much better. When you watch a film, it's got one chance to knock you out and that's it, and with a tv show, it has to make its point in every individual episode. Watching tv in the way that I do now (3 seasons in a week on Netflix), I feel as if I'm just getting barraged with the same fact. In "Family Guy", a show that I watch a lot for no reason except that it fills the silence of my room, every episode convinces me that these people are idiots. In "The X-Files", which I actually enjoy, every episode has to show Agents Mulder and Scully arguing on different sides of the fence. Because of this, I'm finding television to be sort of annoying, and I can't wait until I break away from it, and return home to movies. Maybe I'm starting that process here, but so many opportunities to watch films have been squelched by hours upon hours of tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment